Monday, January 5, 2009

A New Year: A New Beginning

Hi Everybody,

First I'd like to say thank you all for the congrats on the engagement.

Second, I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Third, 2009 is the time for a new beginning, I thank God that he has allowed me to be able to see 2009 and I plan on spending it doing the things which I know are right, these things include, but are not limited to:

a. Not Worrying...there is no point in worrying about things that I can not change, and really no point in worrying about the things I can change...BECAUSE I CAN CHANGE THEM!
1. this is a hard one for me, i am a champion worrier...even though I know God is in control, I wanna help...which defeats the whole purpose..believe me, i know. (Jesus take the wheel on this one)
2. I have a wedding to plan, and while my fiance would be happy just going to the court house and eloping, the one thing i promised my momma in life is that i wouldn't elope(i'm an only child), but you better believe We are NOT going into debt over this thing...I'm seriously thinking about just getting married and having an open house/ b-b-q type thing at the house.

b. Not being so lazy. This is the year to get my tail in gear and not sleep my life away. You only get on life, time to take advantage of it for all that it is worth

c. Volunteering more time...I have the time to give....but I haven't (see b)

d. Getting in shape and getting my health right. I haven't been to a gym since 2004 and i don't exercise at home. I need to get in shape so I can be healthy. I also need to stop eating fast food crap and eat right all the time..not just some of the time.

e. Being better about the things I have to to vs. the things I want to do. I am somewhat of a dreamer. Staying firmly planted in reality is my fiance's department. But I know I need to do better when it comes to the things that just have to get done. (Admitting you have a problem is the first step) :-)

and so, in stead of making resolutions, that I will fail at, I try to make realistic goals that I can achieve and that will help me be better and allow me to be able to help anybody else who needs helping along the way.

Hope everyone had a good break (if you had one) and that you make the most of everyday!

No comments: