Monday, October 29, 2007

Delinquency Continues

So, I haven't written much on my paper...maybe another paragraph, which is so so sad. On top of that I haven't knitted much either...so I'm doubly sad. I have been at work, so that makes up for some of it.

I am so overrun with ideas on what I want to make different family members for Christmas. This year I'm convinced that I'm making Christmas gifts, these gifts will consist of knitted goodness, homemade soap and home made lip balms. I'm already finished one knitted item for one g-ma and this upcoming weekend I'm gonna buy the yarn to make the purse I'm going to make my Momma for Christmas. I sent my mother a picture of a fair isle sweater that someone had done on ravelry and she said she wanted that...but she's gonna have to wait for that. I'm not sure I'd have the time to complete it plus the other gifts I need to get done.

For Christmas I'm hoping to receive a sewing machine and a new digital camera...but we'll see. I'd be cool with either. My current camera is not the hotness and I want something that will do a better job. I want a sewing machine because both my g-ma and her sister are seamstresses and I grew up watching my g-ma make the prettiest dresses, tops and skirts. She used to let me make her little purses to match her outfits when I was a kid. I want to be able to sew like her, which i know is gonna take some practice, but under my g-ma's watchful eye, I should do fine. I also saw a quilting book yesterday at the bookstore and I got all excited. I've never tried quilting, but what the heck, I'm becoming a sucker for all things crafty.

On the book reading front it has been so long since I've read any book purely for the fun of it and I'm getting an itching to start reading the Harry Potter books. I know I know I know...before you even say anything I already know. I like the movies and I figure the books are always better than the movies..so what the heck. So I'm putting them on my reading list. The only book that I read that isn't school or work related is The Bible and that is essential for life and salvation!!!

Tonight I have to go home and bake a cake for my manager's retirement party which is tomorrow. I haven't baked anything since Mother's day (wow that was a long long time ago). I made homemade muffins for my momma, aunt, and both g-ma's and they loved them. I use to bake all the time, then I moved and lost the time to bake. I'm slowly getting back into it. I love baked goodness..it makes my tummy happy. Hopefully I'll post some pics of the cake once its done.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Oh goodness... READ the HARRY POTTER books! lol. I promise they are worth it.