Thursday, March 20, 2008

Reading and Knitting

I finished reading "The Devil Wears Prada" and now I can say that I ended up liking the book more that I originally thought I would. I've been inspired by the ladies in the Ebony elite sistahfriend knitters group on Ravelry in the 'what are you reading' forum to make my next book read either "Wicked" or "The Kite Runner". Since I've heard good things about both books I'll be heading to the bookstore on Friday.

My favorite book of all time is The Bible....but second would be "Hinds' Feet on High Place" by Hannah Hurnard. This book is very uplifting. This was my G-Ma Hale's ( who passed away this past November) favorite book and she made me read it when I was in high school and I've loved it ever since. Since then, both my mother and my aunt have read it and loved it.

















On the Knitting front I've been working on a simple two cable sock for myself (pics below). I'm ripping the Hedera I started to make these socks..the pattern + the yarn was a bit too busy for me...so I'm considering buying some solid color sock yarn and starting the hedera again.

I need to start on something for my mother, aunt and g-ma for mother's day. I figure if i start now, I'll get three projects done by then...we will see. Maybe I'll sew something instead with some needle point...hmmm.... maybe.

please forgive the blurring cellphone pics.

















No comments: