Monday, April 14, 2008

Weekend Crochet and an FO

I got it, I finally got it.....On SaturdayI figured out how to crochet granny squares thanks to a lot of searches online and the book Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker. I've had the book for more than a year now, my hunny bought it for my originally because I thought crocheting would be easy to learn. Boy was I wrong, it just didn't work for me at all, so I started knitting and I was off and running.
















So I've been crocheting like two squares a day, I plan on making a purse for my G-Ma. I'm not saying I'm the best crocheter out there by far, I'm just glad that it finally made sense to me.





























I also finished my socks for me Yea! and wore them on Saturday, they took a little getting use to in the heel, but they are fine now and I love them.































I also managed my way to the library and started reading Wicked. So far it's ok, nothing spectacular..actually it really kinda' twisted, but I'm only 50 pages in, so I'll see what i really think about it once i get further into it.

















1 comment:

urbanknitrix said...

Good for you!! I want to learn how to crochet and I have the needles and a book for maybe two dang years and have not tried it yet. Well, I think I tried it once and was like um, back to knitting. But there are some cool patterns for crocheting.

Your Granny squares are cute and I love your socks.

Let me know how Wicked goes, it is on my list.