Monday, November 5, 2007

Another Monday

I'm grateful for each and everyday that the Lord allows me to see, but I'm feeling sluggish today. I didn't get any work done on my paper over the weekend, I have tons of work at work to do and my Father just called me and told me that my g-ma is not doing well and she's back in the hospital.

My g-ma has been battling cancer in her bladder all year, she was diagnosed in February and has since been through chemotherapy and radiation at the age of 86. She's a trooper but it hasn't been easy and she was never a sick person so it's been really hard on her and the family. My father called me to tell me she's back in the hospital and that he's not sure what's gonna happen. She's been in a rehab facility for about a month now and she never liked it there, she just wanted to go home. She didn't eat much before she got sick because she was always 'watching her weight' so now getting her to eat to get her strength back had been a trying ordeal. I've always been the only person I knew whose g-ma is taller than me (I stand 5'5 and she is 5'9 at 86! and she's got jokes about me being short too). I don't want her to be in pain and I want her to be happy so I understand if she's tired of fighting....so I'll be at the hospital tonight praying and hoping for the best and knitting for comfort.

On the Needles:
So I started the Child's Placket-Neck Pullover, for a friends baby boy. I wasn't paying attention and I cast on for the 1-2year old size, so now i have to decrease down to the 6-12 month size because the boy is only 3 months old now. I plan on it being a Christmas gift..we will see how things go. Here are some pics of the start of it:


































Lots of stockinette here. I've never done any color work before, but U of M beating Michigan State on Saturday(I'm a wolverine, GO BLUE!!!!!!!) put me in the mood for some, I want to make myself a Maize and Blue scarf with the University of Michigan M on it, but this project might have to wait until Christmas knitting is over, so very sad for me :-( put very good for the projects I need to finish for Christmas

Since I quite my part time job, my goal is to be a domestic diva, but in order to start my diva-ness off correctly I have to clean my apartment...cleaning SUCKS! I have not ever been a super organized person and so for me cleaning and organizing is a massive task. Don't get me wrong, I do know where everything is, it just takes a while to find it exactly. I call it organized chaos. While I stick to my statement that cleaning SUCKS! I do love the end result, so this week it is on, I have to clean, organize, throw out something every day. I know people usually clean in the spring, but I call this fall/ holiday cleaning. My aunt always had said that a cluttered space is the result of a cluttered mind, so I'm clearing out my space and hopefully my mind will be focused in the process.






1 comment:

Kate said...

Best wishes for your grandmother.

And what a pretty color for the Child's placket!